Established in 1994 by Joe Swart and Jonathan Kelsey, Joekels Tea Packers (Pty) Ltd are blenders and packers of some of South Africa's popular household brands of quality tea. Joekels is the 3rd largest tea business in South Africa, and its flagship Laager Rooibos brand is one of the country's top-selling Rooibos brands. Over the years, Joekels has built a portfolio of high quality and value-for-money brands.
For more information, visit www.joekels.co.za
Joekels became a part of the Tata Global Beverages family in 2005, when TGB acquired a stake in the business. TGB now owns a majority share of the business.
The Joekels family has a tea for every individual and every mood. Here's a little on each of the Joekels brands:
The Laager Rooibos Family has something for everyone:
- Laager Rooibos: Only the best traditions are passed down from generation to generation, like Laager Rooibos. The strong flavour of the Laager Rooibos brand has been enjoyed since 1945. Joekels acquired Laager Rooibos in 2003. Laager is now one of the top-selling brands of Rooibos tea in South Africa
- Laager Herbals: With 5 flavours, namely Green Rooibos, Rooibos and Honeybush, Citrus & Ginger Flavoured Green Rooibos, Vanilla Flavoured Rooibos and Rooibos & Chai, Laager Herbals delivers the health benefits of Rooibos with a refreshing and delicious variety of flavours
- Laager Tea4kidz Rooibos: Joekels Tea Packers led the way in 2001 with the launch of the world's first tea for kids, under the Laager Tea4Kidz brand. Tea4Kidz was launched in response to the growing need for a healthier alternative to fizzy and sugary drinks for children. Tea4Kidz offers kids the best of both worlds – the health benefits of Rooibos, with a range of exciting and delicious flavours (and characters) to choose from:
- Minki the Monkey's All-in-One Tea (a blend of Rooibos, Honeybush, and Black Tea)
- Trumpy the Elephant's regular Rooibos
- Henry the Hippo's Rooibos Honeybush Blend
- Rory the Lion's Strawberry-flavoured Rooibos
- Jabu the Giraffe's Vanilla Custard-flavoured Rooibos
- Roxy the Rhino's Peach & Apricot Flavoured Rooibos
For more information on Tea4Kidz, visit www.more4momz.com
- Phendula Tips is the founding brand of the Joekels Tea Packers business. It is made from a carefully selected blend of quality teas from the heart of Africa.
- A Malawian blend of strong, full-bodied tea, with an excellent colour. Available in Black Tea and Rooibos.
- This tea is rich in flavour, and is aromatic and refreshing
- More than 100 years old, Southalls is a favourite Rooibos brand in the Western Cape and South Western Districts.
In 2012, Joekels was honoured with the globally-recognised Food Safety System Certification FSSC22000.
Follow us on: www.facebook.com/LaagerRooibos