Graduate Trainee Tea buyer (2 openings)
About the role:
We are looking for two Graduate Trainee Tea buyers to join our Tea Buying and Blending Team in Greenford, UK. We will provide you with training in order that you develop your palate, hone your tasting ability and learn the departmental tasting language; acquire knowledge of tea as a commodity so you become conversant with production and the supply chain from estate through to factory; establish a good working knowledge of the Group's worldwide sourcing requirements and product portfolio; develop the functional, technical and professional skills required so you can perform the role in years to come.
You will be accountable for...
• Tasting up to 500 teas per day alongside buyers
• Organising prioritised tea tasting with the appropriate standards
• Providing a supporting role to the Buyer/Assistant Buyer
• Collating data on availability of tea to feed into the Buying Strategy
• Managing and interpreting data
• Developing your understanding of the commercial nature of the Buying function and Tata Global Beverages worldwide requirements
• Ensuring you become proficient with all our systems
• Developing good relationships with suppliers * Providing market support for all areas of the business including new product development
• Cultural and commercial awareness
• Strong planning and organisation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Good IT skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good numerical and verbal reasoning skills
Degree awarded from a university is required.
This role is based in Greenford, United Kingdom. The successful candidate will be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 7th September 2014
To apply, please send you CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role.