- An astonishing forty-five million cups of Tetley are drunk around the world every day and enjoyed in 70 countries
- Tetley is the 2nd largest tea brand, globally
- The most bought tea brand in the UK with more consumers buying Tetley than any other tea brand
- We are always thinking about how we can bring more Tetley moments to more people so we consistently develop new variants, such as Tetley Extra Strong for a fuller flavour and Infusions, a liquid ‘Real Brew’ tea mix for water, to name but a few
- In the UK Tetley is the brand leader in Decaffeinated and Redbush and is the fastest-growing green tea brand
In 1837, two brothers, Joseph and Edward Tetley started to sell tea and became such a success that they set up as tea merchants. In 1856, in partnership with Joseph Ackland, they set up "Joseph Tetley & Company, Wholesale Tea Dealers". In the 1880s they began to sell tea to the United States of America, and started to bring ideas back; one of these was the tea bag.
Since the 1960s, Tetley has continued to develop people’s love of tea drinking by introducing innovative and exciting ideas in many different countries. In 1989 the round tea bag was launched, latching on to the fashion to drink tea in a mug, rather than a cup. Next came the Drawstring ‘No drip, no mess’ tea bag.
Tetley joined our portfolio in 2000 and has grown from strength to strength. A truly global brand, enjoyed in 70 countries and available in a variety of formats from the drawstring tea bag to packet tea, Tetley offers consumers an ever widening range of new and exciting teas to suit all possible tea moments.